Resist Pain mechanics

This forum is for rules clarifications and rules questions, only. Please do not post general chat, or colloquial responses in this forum. Posts that are off-topic will be deleted.

Resist Pain mechanics

Postby Solapse » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:42 pm

For Resist Pain it states:

Resist Pain allows a character to Resist three points of damage per ability point spent, up to a total of nine points of damage for three AP used.

If one spends 1AP after being struck with a swing for 3 DMG, I assume that would be resisted and that's the general understanding AFAIK. My question is that if one spends 1AP to resist just a regular hit for 1DMG, does that mean they can still resist the next two strikes (assuming they are just 1 DMG)? IE: Can this skill be used preemptively?
Solapse

Re: Resist Pain mechanics

Postby Tim-Director » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:52 pm

Solapse wrote:For Resist Pain it states:

Resist Pain allows a character to Resist three points of damage per ability point spent, up to a total of nine points of damage for three AP used.

If one spends 1AP after being struck with a swing for 3 DMG, I assume that would be resisted and that's the general understanding AFAIK. My question is that if one spends 1AP to resist just a regular hit for 1DMG, does that mean they can still resist the next two strikes (assuming they are just 1 DMG)? IE: Can this skill be used preemptively?

No, it cannot be used preemptively. You get hit with a 1, don't use Resist Pain, because the "excess" 2 points are "lost".
Tim-Director

Return to Rules Clarifications