The Best of June

This forum is for questions or comments about Terres Rising, such as discussion of past events, announcements, or opportunities to help the game.

The Best of June

Postby Alice » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi everybody! I miss you!

I also missed this weekend. What were the best moments? The most epic battles? Challenges of wit or twists of morality? Aw man, the possibilities! I want to know the fantabulosity that was June event. I want to deeply, deeply regret my time away. Does anybody have a story to share?

- Alice
Alice

Re: The Best of June

Postby Veles » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:05 am

BIG D!

Talking about the Vile Brigade breaking up as though they were a band.

Meeting Makat.

Getting headbutted by a happy ritual customer.

Having ritual customers.

Lighting candles with my friends.

Also: Big D.
Veles

Postby therru » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:51 am

Something like, "I know I worship the god of lunacy, madness, and insanity, but that's just ridiculous!"
therru

Postby Pat W » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Everything the Deacon did and said at the summit...
Zorn will raise an avatar to destroy Simone's avatar.... Zorn will not raise an avatar, instead we will destroy all of Simone's followers, Zorn will protect Simone.

Big D!

TED!

Sitting down next to Azaroth at the summit "Ah, the gang's all here" "I'm not sitting with you" "Sure you are" "No, I'm sitting with him (gesturing at Jay's guy).
Pat W

Postby Devron » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Big D
TED
Making my own cult.
Dominate without any spells or abilitys.
Tryinhg to gank Azeroth. Hes lucky I aint old Devron because that would of been 6 hours of fighting :P
Devron

Postby Devron » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:13 pm

OH AND Dragonling!

Tim- There are 20 charges on this item I need one of those
Geraci ( turning to all the people he just told that too)- So With 20 charges and after he uses one that makes it 19 for you guys.
Tim- (Turning to me)- Well good he can do basic math atleast..
Devron

Postby Tim-Director » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks for the props, Pat. Yeah, the Deacon's a fun god to play. For the record:
Someone Else: "So what action are we going to take?"
The Deacon: "Starting tonight, my followers of Zorn will raise an avatar. And we will take all efforts to destroy Simone's avatar."

(later)
Someone Else: "So, we are now in agreement that if someone raises an Avatar, it should be destroyed?"
The Deacon: "No. We believe Simone's Avatar should remain, and instead, we will destroy all of Simone's followers."

(later)
Someone Else: "Perhaps unseating a god who has violated the pact is appropriate punishment."
The Deacon: "No, we will protect Simone's Avatar. We will just kill her." (Pointing to Peruna)

Second favorite moment was Peruna realizing that Casper Carrington was within five feet of her.

Third was an out of game, getting ready for an encounter, moment, when I was coming into town as a Deacon Marcus Kinlinn.
"You need a name for your character." - Tim
"Ok, how about Marcus?" - Grunt
"Um, no. I'm the Deacon MARCUS Kinlinn. Pick another name." - Tim
"Ok, how about Cyrus?" - Grunt
"Seriously? Are you kidding?" - Jeff S
"Try again." - Tim
"Ok, how about Shirian?" - Grunt
(Jeff and Tim groan).
Tim-Director

Postby Saint Joe » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:53 pm

So I think that it is a Zek family thing to ensure that Dante doesn't die..... Isn't that right Alex?

Also, that little rhyme was kind of funny.

" One Zek, two Zek. Red Zek, blue Zek."
Saint Joe

Postby Tim-Director » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:10 pm

For the Grunts...

Stomp the Graveyard!
Tim-Director

Postby Raekin_Solin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:42 pm

Stomp the Graveyard was fantastic

Bro or Foe?

Auro after being hit by a bezerk gas "I'M SO ANGRY AND HAVE NO OUTLET FOR MY FRUSTRATIONS!"

The Malakarion fight

The 30 minute pinnacle fight

Being Winter Court :)
Raekin_Solin

Postby Wolfman2006 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:00 pm

The first Barulis encounter Saturday: Such a fun personality combination with myself as the slightly comedic Stanislaw Sylverarius (Praise his mustache), Jay's SUPER nice Lord, and Tim's needlessly aggressive Sir Casper Carrington... Had NO idea what would happen walking into town.

The Sunday one was alot of fun too, after a frantic and desperate attempt to keep the peace; the combat starts roaring, and Stanislaw kept trying to keep both sides from actually killing anyone... until Dimo attacked me prompting a very flustered and flailing run away by the over his head diplomat.

Later on in that fight when I came back was a protective caster looting the fallen I get hit with a dominate and rapidly became the most popular person ever by the players.

The waterfront Pinnacle fight was awesome, was kinda expecting you guys to rush us and maul us with abilities/skills/spells (fast and furious but rapidly ending fight), but I am SO not complaining for a very fun 30 minute endurance battle of attrition. Also loved when Peruna used Desecrate and instead of battling with violence it became a race of armor repair and name calling.

The Acerbus-Nox and Kittibaru combination super early morning by the fire, that was very enjoyable.
Wolfman2006

Postby Alice » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:25 pm

Effing awesome. I can't believe I missed adventures in divine pseudo-diplomacy. Kickass!

But, uh, at the risk of appearing misinformed- Who is Big D?
Alice

Postby Veles » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Dynak was referred to as "Big D" once, and it was too awesome not to be spun into an entire persona.

Also, how could I forget? "Here's a ritual theory question. What component goes together with Ebony...in *perfect* harmony? Wait, you don't know? Don't they sing in Singo?"
Veles

Postby Stephen Consiglio » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:20 pm

My favorite moments were when dimo told me a story that went something like this:

Dimo was walking by high town late saturday night when a zorn/zinaar caster came across him. both could not see each other well so they peered in close to one another

Dimo- "i deliver you to death one, i deliver you to death two-"

caster- "BEZERKER GAS"

dimo- "... ... i deliver you to death one i deliver you to death two i deliver you to death three."

caster- "wait, oh, damnit....."

dimo and i deciding the ultimate item in ashryia was the baroulian diplomat's mustache.

Jeff S as an undead ritualist- " all creatures are fallible"
me - "for example i chose the chicken and meatballs when i really should've just stuck with the meatballs and now i'm paying for it.... "

also the baldorian worshipers song. anyone got a copy of that?
Stephen Consiglio

Postby therru » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:37 pm

The Mylakhrion encounter. I've been waiting for that for six years, and it was everything I'd hoped for and more.

Sneaking towards the Pinnacle fight on the waterfront, falling into a stream, hearing "That's not Skitters, he wouldn't go splash in the dark." - then a grueling and painful battle. Seeing Eric fight! Woo! Adam - wait, you expected us to roll over you? We were already pretty low on power from the Cortenis fight right before hand. Or, I was anyway.

Winter Court + Kitabarru egregiously late at night.

There needs to be a drinking game anytime someone asks a variant on "Who'd want to be a demon??"

Sitting between Zeek and Domad.. Peanut-gallery-tastic.

Actually talking to Makat!
therru

Next

Return to Out of Game