To the people

This forum is for all "In Game" posts. You must either post as your character, or a "unseen narrator" describing some in-game event.

To the people

Postby Drimm » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 am

Citizens of Crossroads and Derrickham,

I beg for your forgiveness. In my haste to better our land, I didn't understand the finances involved when I had the road built to The Garden from White Flower Village.

I now call upon you for help.
I now humble myself before you.

If I have ever fought beside you, bled for you or protected you please come to my aide. I have given everything I have to make this place home for us all.

I have made a grave mistake. These workers deserve recompense for what they have built. I owe them an apology.

I also owe apologies to Marek, Locke Tannon and Bwain Deepwater. Any funds I have are going to the road. I should have assured Marek was paid for his life potion.

I ask you to help me to fix this.

For those I've wronged, I promise you this -

If any of you go unpaid, you can take my life instead at the next rise of Terres - and if I no longer hold the citizens of Crossroads trust, I will renounce my title as well.

Drimm Dar'reth
Lord of Crossroads
Drimm

Re: To the people

Postby Locke Tannen » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:19 am

To Drimm:

Friend, though I understand your financial troubles make payments difficult to outside parties, I don't think it is entirely fair that you are the one burdened with payment.

It is absurd that the costs of such an endeavor should be borne by the administrator of the labor on behalf of the kingdom. The kingdom signed off on this endeavor, and though the costs not being agreed upon beforehand was borne out of goodwill and trust, it seems you are being taken for everything you have got. I do not remember the exact sum you owe, but I understand it to be at least a couple thousand drake. This is too much for one party to undertake for the goodwill of the entire kingdom.

I propose that the bank accounts of all those in Derrikham be counted, and an individual tax rate be set according to income. Fortune has smiled on many in crossroads, but if we are a kingdom in any way, shape or form, we need to be able to pay for our common commitments and especially the maintenance of common necessities like maintaining the roads and keeping the peace. What has happened to the tax funds that have been collected already? If they do not amount to the costs you have incurred, it seems entirely wrong that you (and in truth, Bwaine and I) bear the cost of everyone else's fortune.

I hereby make a formal proposal to have all costs incurred by this project be funded by Derrikham taxation and if they are not sufficient, to pursue a taxation increase of graduating severity on basis of total wealth.

-Locke Tannen
Locke Tannen

Postby Arcturius » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:26 am

To Drimm,

I, Arcturius Ladison will give to you the clear gem that is apprised to be worth 100 Drake and while that may not be much in the face of this debt I sincerely hope it will help. If you need anymore assistance from me just ask.

- Arcturius Ladison
Arcturius

Postby Tim-Director » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:05 am

Drimm,
I don't really understand what Locke said, but Arcturious here has the right mindset. If we all give what we can, we can do it for ourselves, for our community, for our home. I don't have much in the way of drakes, but if you need me to help you and travel with you to collect donations, you have my sword.
Harland Galway
Tim-Director

Postby Pat W » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:04 pm

Drimm,

Nothing quite like being Lord of Crossroads is there?

Tell you what, I'm hopefully gonna need a favor in a year or two (nothing nefarious, I promise). I'll put up five hundred Drake towards your continued Lordship if you'll promise to owe me that favor. I'll even give you an out if you find it morally objectionable.

Former Lord of Crossroads
Liren Tirell

PS If you do want that out I'll expect my five hundred Drake back.
Pat W

Postby Morvos Ladison » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 pm

To Drimm,

I will also offer up my blade in service to give you any aid you may need, but I must travel towards Barulis first with Lars and a few other fellows to check on the kingdom at large and to make sure the Ladison estate still stands strong. Once I have done what I can in Barulis I can talk to my Father and see if he can help out with the debt, but even though I am optimistic, the rumors that I have been hearing about the situation in Barulis is horrible to say the least. Know that I will do everything that I can do to help pay this debt.

Morvos Ladison, Heir apparent to Sir Roland Ladison, Knight of Lord Zanye of Barulis.
Morvos Ladison

Postby Tim-Director » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:04 am

Morvos, you're under Lord Zayne? Really...
Highlord Cyrus Fennton
Tim-Director

Postby Arcturius » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:51 am

To Highlord Cyrus Fennton

Yes, we both are actually though it has been more then a decade since I've seen or heard from those in Barulis.

-Arcturius Ladison
Arcturius

Postby Morvos Ladison » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:39 pm

To Highlord Cyrus Fennton,

My Father is one of Lord Zayne's knights, and as heir to the Ladison name it is my responsibility to train in preparation to serve as one of Lord Zayne's knights within the years to come. Otherwise I am within Derrickham to gain worldly knowledge as well as to gain practical experience.

Morvos Ladison, Heir apparent to Sir Roland Ladison, Knight of Lord Zanye of Barulis.

OOG: (Just using some information for an old email from one of the director's that said a little bit about Ladison as well as Zayne. If any of it is information that is not relevant anymore then let me know via email and I can change it! Although I'm only guessing that Roland Ladison is a knight. If Sir Ladison is a noble through other means then let me know via email on that too.)
Morvos Ladison

Postby Drimm » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:10 pm

Thank you all for the support. Any donations can be given to myself or Minister Evreser Leets. Your contributions will greatly benefit the kingdom.

Harland, I will join you in White Flower Village the second month of the rise to collect donations.

Drimm Dar'reth
Lord of Crossroads
Drimm

Postby Director Eric » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:56 pm

Lord Drimm,

I'm not really sure about politics and have never addressed a Lord before, but it sounds like payment of the money owed to those of us who worked on The Garden Road is a big deal to you. The road is a big deal to us. I hope I can give you some perspective of what a great thing you have done by telling Capt. Olsen that Derrickham would cover the costs of our labor.

You gave us hope.

I grew up farming the Wild Lands. It’s not easy. The ground is fertile, so growth is great, but it’s not safe and there are almost always beasts attacking at some point. It got so bad back in 53 AR that The Garden needed to ask Crossroads for help. We got it for a while until Titus Andrus disappeared and then everything fell into disarray.

When Derrick declared himself King and took The Garden as part of Derrickham, we didn’t oppose him...we felt like we finally would have some support to keep us going from someone who had some power and resources. But no one could travel through the Glibben Wood easily to get to us. A few people managed to figure out how to do it, but that wasn’t enough to really give us support on a regular basis.

We had leaders who were able to keep us together after that... and it’s not easy when the farms are so spread out. But no matter who was in charge in The Garden, we still always felt a bit out on our own being so far from the rest of civilization. Even more so when we were being attacked by the Haroc and their Craigor worshipping allies in 63 AR! But King Sorrenson showed his commitment when he sent Derrickham Guard to help us and even called to Barulis to aid in our defense. That Water Guard contingent stayed with us through the Breaking, and I don’t know where we would have been without Capt. Olsen and his men.

But the point is, even then, we were far away. With The Garden Road now built, we feel like we’re really a part of Derrickham for the first time. We can move our food to the people who need it and if we need protection, you can get to us. I know it was impossible before with the Glibben controlling the Wood and moving it all around, but now, finally, most of us feel like we belong.

I worked to build that road. Everyone worked hard on it. Some of us were from the Garden and some were displaced from all over Ashriya. We needed some way to survive and earn our keep. We were promised a Drake a day. That’s not a lot, but we were willing to do the work for it. We all have a lot of pride in what we accomplished. I know The Garden used a lot of its own resources to keep us protected and get us some food. We worked as a team and supported each other by foraging for extra food or hunting when we could. Cooking together and protecting each other through anything that might attack us, like the undead and the Karo-Ya.

I don’t know what the system is to get that money, but I know the people managing The Garden have our names. My Lord, giving your life instead of getting paid doesn’t help us in any way and really just weakens Derrickham by taking out a strong leader. None of us want that.

I can’t speak for everyone who worked on the road, but I know I’m not in a rush to get paid. I’m proud of the work we did and glad you were willing to support it, even if you did get a little over your head. Do what you need to do. We're all here. We're not going anywhere.

So, apology accepted, from me, at least.

Sincerely,
Travis
Director Eric
Site Admin

Postby connick » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:56 pm

Travis,

Your work and the work of those who helped to complete the road is commendable. The value of your commitment to the kingdom and all of your brethren is immeasurable.

As the newly appointed Minister of Finance of the Kingdom of Derrickham I give you my assurance that your effort and sacrifice will not go unrewarded. While the gears of progress are often slow and obscured, you have my word that each and every contributor to the completion of this road will be fully and fairly compensated.

Our fortunes rise and fall together.

Super Manus Pugno

Evreser Leets
Merchant Guildmaster of Crossroads
Minister of Finance of the Kingdom of Derrickham
connick

Return to In Game