The Tinkerer and Mechanics

This forum is for rules clarifications and rules questions, only. Please do not post general chat, or colloquial responses in this forum. Posts that are off-topic will be deleted.

The Tinkerer and Mechanics

Postby Tim-Director » Tue May 02, 2017 5:49 pm

While our Production Committee has made incredible leaps these past few weeks, the Vocation: Tinkerer packet is not complete. As such, anyone with the Mechanics ability can continue to use the old rules, i.e. coin flipping. As a precursor, the coin flip mechanism will likely be going away.
Thanks,
Tim
Tim-Director

Re: The Tinkerer and Mechanics

Postby Locke Tannen » Wed May 03, 2017 12:11 pm

Is it possible that we could get the relevant rules posted here? The new rules overwrote the old ones, and I wanted to make sure I knew how it worked. If its easier I just have a couple questions:

How much AP does it take to replace a component?

If the recipee includes other mechanical creations (pipes, bombshells) do AP and coinflips need to be spent to create the pipe, then the bombshell from the pipe, and then the grenade, or can you simply flip the coin for the bombshell as "junk" with no components?

Also, can you substitute everything in the recipe with multiple coinflips/AP or do you need to have at least one of the actual comps to make the recipe?

Thanks!
Locke Tannen

Re: The Tinkerer and Mechanics

Postby Mallory » Wed May 03, 2017 2:22 pm

My recollection was:

1 AP for first component replaced, one coin flip
3 AP for second component replaced, another coin flip
Any failed coin flips ruin the whole thing

Finished components like "bombshell" can be replaced with junk - you don't have to multi-step it.

You can substitute everything.
Mallory

Return to Rules Clarifications