Charm/Domination/Control

This forum is for rules clarifications and rules questions, only. Please do not post general chat, or colloquial responses in this forum. Posts that are off-topic will be deleted.

Charm/Domination/Control

Postby Mordecai » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm

Just wanted to get a clarify on a couple things. Let's say I throw a Dominate effect into someone and they have the means to resist the effects (either from Willpower, Magic/Psi Shield, an item, or potentially some ORB skill/ability).

1. Do they have to state OOG that they've resisted the Domination? [i.e. Do I know OOG they've resisted the effect?]

2. Does the person who cast the Domination know IG whether or not the target has resisted the Domination? [i.e. Do I know IG they resisted the effect?]

My hopes are that both are yes. #1 should be yes since otherwise it'll be the only effect you don't need to OOG acknowledge resisting, which doesn't make sense. I'm also hoping #2 is yes. If it's not, it'll lead to these weird meta-situations where I know OOG they're not under domination but IG am not sure (meta-situations which I think you guys were trying to remove, like when you took away Invisibility, Eagle Eye, etc). This would also mean that, to best ensure that they're dominated while being questioned, you must dominate them, question them, and then repeat until you are out of AP (meaning it just becomes an AP fight between of, "Can I throw more Dominations than you can resist?"). I can think of a couple skills/procedures to aid with ensuring they're dominated when we're unsure if they're actually under the effect, but of course I would rather we simply know immediately whether or not they're under Domination instead of needing to go through the hassle of using a variety of techniques to ensure they're Dominated.
Mordecai

Re: Charm/Domination/Control

Postby Tim-Director » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Yes and Yes.

"Each and every game action, should be responded to with a “callback”, which is an acknowledgement as to whether or not the effect that struck you has affected you.

All callbacks should be spoken loudly and clearly, so the attacker will know. The only time you should be silent, is when the attack missed you entirely. "
Tim-Director

Postby Mordecai » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:50 pm

Thanks for the quick response! Heard at last event it might be possible to resist Charm/Domination without needing to acknowledge they've resisted it, just wanted to make sure that is not possible.

Thanks!
Mordecai

Postby Tim-Director » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Mordecai wrote:Thanks for the quick response! Heard at last event it might be possible to resist Charm/Domination without needing to acknowledge they've resisted it, just wanted to make sure that is not possible.

Thanks!

It is not. Your logic as set forth above, is correct.
Tim-Director

Return to Rules Clarifications