[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4767: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4769: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3890)
Terres Rising • View topic - 2017 Event 1 Favorite Moments

2017 Event 1 Favorite Moments

This forum is for questions or comments about Terres Rising, such as discussion of past events, announcements, or opportunities to help the game.

2017 Event 1 Favorite Moments

Postby Pat W » Sun May 07, 2017 11:01 pm

I will decidedly post more tomorrow.

Fighting Jeff Sheppard 1 on 1 for what must have been at least 30 minutes was one of my favorite Larp encounters ever.
Jeff's prayer at the eventual end of that encounter was amazing and made the whole encounter feel that much more meaningful.

The interlude fight with Andrea G was equally impactful, the grief in her face was absolutely believable.

I had basically assumed you guys were never going to try and kill William Thomas (and the names keep going) at this point. So that caught me completely by surprise. Thankfully the character has some instincts that overrode my own.
Oh, and Nick, sorry about the death, but I *did* warn you.

Second:
The entire Matuk fight/Green Knight encounter. It was an incredibly emotional encounter for me as a staffer for a number of reasons. From the very first time Liren learned about the Green Knight, which must have been event 1 or 2, I as a person have wanted the Green Knight to be in game. When I joined staff I decided to make it a priority to make that happen.
That plot took so many unexpected turns, and almost all of them were driven by how you, the players, chose to shape it.
This event was the culmination of something I've been dreaming about for 15 years.
Much love to everyone who made that plot what it was. (I'd list names, but inevitably forget someone)
Pat W

Re: 2017 Event 1 Favorite Moments

Postby Leadrin Winters » Mon May 08, 2017 10:55 am

So I know there was something said outside of Check-In on Friday that we determined would be on this list, but I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS D:

Zen's sociopathic obsession with drowning someone throughout the rise, and pestering us to give the spell to him.

Discussing how best to keep towsfolk from scavenging my roses from the graveyard, when Locke suddenly walked by with one of them blatantly hanging out of his shirt, and the collective "son of a--"

Chatting with Nuno, as always.

The concert. Working with the incredibly talented Scott and Eric to make it happen. And the amazing outpouring of appreciation from everyone that makes me rethink the whole "Crossroads isn't interested in bard stuff" vibe that I had previously got. Also Tim being a costume-changing madman.

My quest for answers becoming an ill-advised quest for revenge. Also the subsequent crisis of faith triggered by a completely organic out-of-game accident--I realized after I came back from death that I wasn't wearing my Darius necklace, and that it had been broken off in the fight due to a purely coincidental neck shot. Whether this implies that Darius tried to save me, or that I really screwed up? Or both? I don't know yet, but either way it has incredibly profound implications.

The culmination of the Green Knight plot; still feeling super-valuable as the only professional bard in the mix.

In that same fight, successfully landing a drown after Zen's got resisted and the general "get on my level" sentiment.

Also in that fight, unexpectedly becoming an absolute mountain of AP after death buffs, singing buffs and hound buffs.

Discussing House of the Red stuff with Mordecai and Drago--"Wait, what exactly are you asking me to do?"

And last but not least, being as surprised as the rest of you that Jeff had a solidly good event. :P
Leadrin Winters

Postby Kit » Mon May 08, 2017 10:58 am

Rehearsing For The Gods on Friday afternoon in Old Staff Center. Eric Black opens the door.

Music crashes to a halt. Tim, Kt, Andrea G., Scott, Eric H., all at once, immediately start screaming "FOIG! FOIG! FOIG!"

Eric looks terribly, terribly confused. Leaves.

Eric H. - "I've never FOIG'd a Director before."

----
I loved getting to be player-side for the Matuk fight. I don't think I've ever had the experience of being inside music during a battle before; it was incredibly powerful and I'm grateful to have been able to participate in that.

also, goddamn was that a good fight. Well done, everyone on both sides.

---
Speaking of which. about twelve years ago Eric Black handed me an aggressively furry, full-body costume with a significant phallus and jingle balls, and said "Can you play a Satyr? The costumes will only fit on small people."
I said no. Then I thought, why do I come here, if not to do things like this.
Ten minutes later I said, "f*ck it, yes."
That was one of the first times in my life that I can remember fighting through my initial anxiety to do something I knew would be worth it.
In January of this year I wrote myself a to-do list for 2017, and the 4th item down was, 'perform something in front of people.' I got to check that off yesterday. Thanks and love to all the people who helped me do that. This community consistently challenges me in all the right ways. <3

---
When I went down to check out the Dream Beach setup on Friday afternoon, I stepped onto the sand, and even though I knew it was going to be there, my brain *flipped over*. I really hope that was equally trippy for everyone who got to experience it in game. well freaking done, Chris.

---
Marcellus: [Paraphrasing] - Kitsume, I know you're like thousands of years old, and I respect you, but what the f*ck.

---
Arra: That's what love is.
Kitsu: No. It's not.

---
Backstage, trying to write the last verse of the Hounds song ten minutes before the plot needs to roll out because we're pros like that -
Pat, dressed like this:

- "Spirit - sharpens -- heightens each senSAtion - -SImone stirs, -and wakes imagination- -- SILENTLY THE SENSES ABANDON THEIR DEFENSES --
Kt: Goddamnit Pat.
Kit

Postby Tim-Director » Mon May 08, 2017 2:52 pm

Wonderful Event. I had a great time.

Here are mine!

"I've never FOIG'd a Director before." - Eric Houde to Eric Black, after Eric interrupted our Pre-game “For the Gods!” rehearsal

“Do you know anything that takes a pounding as much as a vagina, Cyrus?” - Peruna, after Cyrus called Harlard Galway a derogatory profane insult.

“I think that sort of sounds like a cult, doesn’t it?” - Dalamir
“No, it’s not a cult!” - Merry
“It cult. Anyone who think Ioterian cult, raise hand.” - Sythik
[Everyone but Merry and Dalamir raise their hands.]

“I deliver you to Death, THREE… That’s for an insincere apology.” - Rithian Per Manilus

“Flesh Armor.” - Drimm
“Flesh Armor.” - The Entity
“FLESH ARMOR” - Drimm
“FLESH ARMOR” - The Entity

“It’s Craigor’s way, today, Today, TODAY!” [Strikes Alle] “Oh! Sorry” - Casper Carrington, as part 2 of the triple-costume switch, channeling "Animal" from the Muppets

“So you died seeking vengeance on another? Surely that irony is not lost on you.” - Attritious to Leadrin

“After a fire accident, I damaged my teeth, so I can’t eat.” - Ardread
“But I hope you can still open your mouth wide enough, right?” - Randall Raphael

“It’s not like I kidnapped her parents or anything!” - Anonymous

[Post-game off]
“Hey Jeff, how are you?” - Tim
“I had a really good time!” - Jeff
“Wait, are you Jeff Sheppard?” - Tim

The Matuk / Green Knight Field Fight. In my over 20-year LARPing career, Best. Field. Fight. Ever.

“Confess your crimes, Macone!” - Drimm
“I have none.” - Macone

“I phase out three, I phase out two, I phase out...” - Macone
[Sean shoots arrow into Tim’s crotch as Tim says “one”.]
“Ooooooo.” - Every single player and staffer and grunt
Tim-Director

Postby Erykahn » Mon May 08, 2017 5:06 pm

Some memoral moments:

Yelling, FOIG!! At Eric Black

Peruna:"Do you know anything that takes a pounding as much as a vagina" (probably the best thing I've ever heard)

Running around in battle healing people

Locke suicide bombing Matuk's army

Rogue mod Saturday night

Terres crying time session with Me, Merry, Keirdyn

A nice heart to heart with Leadrin after she came back from Death

The concert was perfect. Thank you to all who helped make it happen. "For the Gods! Oh Oh Oh, For the Gods"

Zeek mod

Merrykahn, Magrue and Agrueadon time

For the last 20 minutes of Matuk fight. My weapons were shattered and was left with nothing but a 4" throwing knife.

Drangonkin's wings were amazingly terrifying

Zorn fight: Bosstaurus
Also in that fight,"BODY, BODY, BODY, BODY..."
Erykahn

Postby Director Kyle » Mon May 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Humming during Matuk. The feeling that created on the field was so amazing that I have no words. Also this was an amazing fight all around.

Singing the dungeon song on Sunday. It was exactly what I needed to get less angry right before fighting Zornists.

“They are insecure” So incredibly accurate.

Feeling sand under my feet.
Just walking out.
So much good rp.

Everyone just watching the WTJ murder showdown. And hearing Shivas succeeded.

The emotions waiting for Leadrin to come back. Talking to Erykhan, and Leadrin's face when she phased back in and saw the teary eyed crowd.

Everything about the 3am Sunday conversation.

The moment of understanding a puzzle that was not one of my strengths and helping Mordecai complete it. Both yelling "DONE" and realizing the grey walked away.

Getting startled while interrupting a nightmare.

Solaes laughing at [redacted] right before we did the ritual.

Seeing Casper upbeat, and everything about For the Gods. You guys are amazing.

I know there were more amazing moments I'm forgetting. I had an awesome time with you all!
Director Kyle

Postby Leadrin Winters » Mon May 08, 2017 6:10 pm

Leadrin Winters

Postby ellmann » Tue May 09, 2017 1:14 am

No longer being full-time therru means no longer having a notebook on me at all moments of the weekend. I need to change that.

"Old therru was funnier than you."

Having a mask touched as if it was my face, and everything that came before and after that.

Wondering if a PC was going to put on a mask.

"it's a counterweight."

Having a two part encounter actually have both halves come together with flawless timing. Thanks, Jess, for making that be so smooth.

"I think I've been on three dead-body-Chris mods so far this event."

"Confess."

One of my best-ever RP encounters in all my years at Terres.

I've been dreaming of the dream-beach room setup for over a year. Finally building it, and realizing it came out even better than I'd hoped.
ellmann
Site Admin

Postby Inumate » Tue May 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Drago: He's a murderer
Me: I'm not a murderer
Marco's character: I'm trying to ask him what he does for a living. What do you do.
Me: Well I'm out of work now-
Drago: He's a murderer
Me: But I graduated from a military academy for psions -
Drago: He's murderer went to a paramilitary school for mind assassins
Me: I was training to be a caravan guard
Drago: He murders people with his mind

Macone: He kidnapped the queen's parents and held them hostage!
Drimm: They already know.
Peruna: He's admitted responsibility and we've moved past it

After game:
Jeff Devine: He seemed worried people would think he killed Jaden
Me: Who cares. He was there when it happened killing the King Jaden was sworn to defend.
Andrea G: I know he didn't do it, but close enough. He's an acceptable receptacle for vengeance
Inumate

Postby Zen » Tue May 09, 2017 1:11 pm

Off the top of my head
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wait we were fighting Matuk?"

Trying to get Leadrin to give me drown magic unsuccessfully and then looking at Peruna dow-eyed until she gave in.
THEN NOT EVEN DROWNING ANYONE

"Can't beat the original!!!"

Zen: "Yea we can be the killing cousins! We are the storm! Thunder and Lightning"
Peruna: "Okay well, I'm definitely Lightning"

Being a Hound Saturday night. Also having to sing for the first time in public since 2nd grade was weirdly cathartic

Circling the sand room

"Well Sarik's back up"
"Yea it blew over twice today"
"No, it happened again while you were in the bathroom"

"Don't die on me!"
*shrugs* "sorry"

"FOR THE GODS"

"There are guys walking around with swords!"
*Drimm steps out of Mages*
Tim Kriddik: "3 Lightning! 3 Lightning!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything was great I love you people
Zen

Postby Grimm » Tue May 09, 2017 1:30 pm

I'll add more if I forget to post something.

RP'ing confusing Morvos for Arc at game on. Things got intense when he was dropped and I had to find a surgeon. Heart - pounding action, non-stop.

The air elementals were intense, and the fight was well done.

Helping out a cannibal was not how I saw myself spending my Saturday morning.

Becoming one of Bwane's first town guards, becoming a citizen, and landing a sick gig as a caravan guard.

Learning psionics with the help of Drimm and Marcellus. Very hands-on.

I feel like a really connected with the Dagons, and learning about them was super insightful.

Definitely loved For the Gods. So cash.
Grimm

Postby Pat W » Tue May 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Pat W

Postby Merry » Tue May 09, 2017 6:46 pm

Everything about the field fight. Beginning with Locke's firebomb. Humming with the hounds, and finally hearing the lyrics to that age old song, as the most unexpected folks sang gorgeously and hauntingly about the beauty of the waters and all. I remember Dax and Chase in particular (sorry if I missed the other hound's verses)
Later playing massive field healing music and getting super buffs.

FOR THE GODS. I really need to hand it to Eric Houde for killing it with the smooooth guitar, song structure, and months of work. It was pleasure to finally collab with Leadrin and sing alongside Andrea's angelic voice. Kit for facing her timidity and joining us to take down the Balance verse. and Tim, who is always a joy to perform with.

Kit's oog rouge teleportation skills, exactly as my timeblocks described
Locke: "Merry is that [redacted]?"
Merry(Turning around): "huh, where?"
Locke:"She was just right there."
Kit(appearing on the opposite side of my turn): "Hello Marillion."

[ReDax'ded] when Dax dropped unexpectedly, coming to with a screaming Krosan Surge

Person 1:"I love visiting the Spirit Realm!"
Person 2:" Oh I just had the coolest Journey through the Dream Realm!"
Merry: "Aww man, every time I jump through a portal I just end up in Zeek's freakin' playground."
(FYI to staff, Zeek's freakin playground is actually awesome)

When Kierdyn, Zen, and Tyzar joined in the Dungeon Song knowing EVERY SINGLE WORD. and all of us cracking up in the Zorn room when we got to the highly accurate line of "Oh crap is that another triple element ward?"

"Hmmm, ward lore? ...uhh, [Redacted] this is an actual flippin [Redacted] [Redacted] Ward!"

"This man is innocent. Make him confess."

Watching Leadrin go FULL BATTLE BARD on WJM. Least favorite moment watching her die.

Seeing newer players band together as town guard. Don't ever let anyone downplay your initiative, get out there and kill it. Also the newer players in general. great folks.

Today I learned Tim's favorite moments include taking a crossbow bolt to the groin. Archers, make his day! (don't really)
Merry

Postby Kit » Tue May 09, 2017 7:18 pm

[not actually one of my favourite moments because I felt like an idiot, but this did happen and in retrospect it's funny. ]

Kt, The Worst Mod Hook - "Hey Duncan, I'm not quite sure how to get where we're going. Can you lead the town to Dynak Memorial Stadium?"
"Dynak whatnow?"
"Oh crap...do players not call it that?"

---
"it's a Director's Chicken Parm."
Kit

Postby Dax » Tue May 09, 2017 8:48 pm

So many good moments this event!

First off, the awe inspiring and glorious brawl that was the Green Knight/Matuk fight. The team musical number, the effects flying back and forth, having Dax change his fighting style three time as our shield was shattered, and then we got maimed. And then so many surgeries with the clutch success on Sythik as the fight was ending.

Also from that fight, getting up Chase from a bleed out and trying to hand him his staff after dropping out sword to pick it up.
Dax: Here you go Chase. Now lets go.
Chase: I can't use either of my arms....Just put it across my back.
Followed by the two of us sprinting across the field before Arroden could heal our arm so we could patch up Chase.

Being introduced to the Codex by Merry as Doctor Dax.

The several times We answered the question "Do you accept physical roleplay?"

The wonderful moment where Alle took a sip of Thorpos' ale and brushed it off. So Dax, being the alcoholic he is downed an entire glass of it. Followed by stunned looks from everyone else in the tavern. Some of the best RP of the event right there, being hammered and hungover with Locke.
Also, hungover Dax trying to deal with the shenanigans of Smashy Smashy, and then Merrykan, Magrue, and all the rest.

Perseverance showing up and collecting the Hounds(Sans Chase who was off doing something).
Perseverance(to Sythik): Houndmaster have you selected a candidate for the Mantle of Spirit?
Sythik: Ummm.....
Que Sythik looking around a bit while Leadrin and Dax just kind of shrug before he headed into the shrine room and returning with a very confused Zen.

Waking up sometime on Sunday morning to the sound of a Kriddik attacking as Arroden slips in the cabin and rolling over. "Do We need to care?"
Arroden: Nah, you're fine.

I'm sure there's more to come. Also, shout out to the Bards for their musical number and to the Bosstaurus cause those were just awesome.
Dax

Next

Return to Out of Game