2017 Event 1 Favorite Moments

This forum is for questions or comments about Terres Rising, such as discussion of past events, announcements, or opportunities to help the game.

Re: 2017 Event 1 Favorite Moments

Postby Merry » Tue May 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Inspiring speeches from Bwaine: "You are STRONG, you will not FALTER. your foes QUAIL before your blade and KNEEL at your prowess, ARRRGGGHHH"

speech from Dax: "Youknnow....whatever it is you accomplish in this life friend. Well, Death will come for you in the end. So look at it this way: you really can't let yourself down. and plus you have an end goal! Now isn't that reassuring?"
Merry

Postby Kierdyn » Wed May 10, 2017 6:29 am

"it's a Director's Chicken Parm."
Yesss

Also, Eenks. Way too funny Katie.

Dax's rousing speech- loosely quoted- whatever it is you do, you're going to wreck it, because you're awesome. Yeah, you're great. Like that ritual you're going to do, it's going to be so perfect, we know it.

Everyone standing around watching Kierdyn and Mordecai fight two guys, realizing it was something of an honor combat situation, and they shouldn't get involved. Erykhan barreling into it with no regard for the crowd not getting involved, and getting himself knocked out and yelled at.
Kierdyn

Postby Tim-Director » Wed May 10, 2017 9:55 am

Merry wrote:Today I learned Tim's favorite moments include taking a crossbow bolt to the groin. Archers, make his day! (don't really)

Because it was a "grazer".
Tim-Director

Postby Erykahn » Wed May 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Moments after the Macone groin shot:

Drimm, while laughing "Counldn't have happened to a better person"
Erykahn

Postby Duncan » Thu May 11, 2017 9:42 am

Dax wrote:Perseverance showing up and collecting the Hounds(Sans Chase who was off doing something).
Perseverance(to Sythik): Houndmaster have you selected a candidate for the Mantle of Spirit?
Sythik: Ummm.....
Que Sythik looking around a bit while Leadrin and Dax just kind of shrug before he headed into the shrine room and returning with a very confused Zen.

Also:

Spirit: Do you understand what is being asked of you?
Zen: No ...
Duncan

Postby Director Eric » Thu May 11, 2017 1:39 pm

I had a really fun event with tons of great moments!

After being FOIG'd during For The Gods rehearsal, as mentioned a few times, I walked off to my cabin, where I could hear them loudly rehearsing perfectly clearly. I intentionally didn't listen specifically, but I got the idea it was a song about the gods. Mild spoiler....

The performance of For The Gods was mind blowing! As a character, Hunt was awestruck that he was seeing Merry performing and...and...Leadrin was performing, too! He was just coming in to town to visit with Chase, Drimm and the good people of Crossroads and boom! Walked into a once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully not) show.

But that was nothing compared to the experience for me OOG as someone who has been involved with Terres Rising for 18 years and game owner and creative director for about 15 of those. All 5 people (6 characters...) involved were giving the hugest shout out to this world that I've been living and breathing for so long. I was almost in tears a couple of times. Then when it ended with a shout out to Verin Kenobis... I just felt overwhelming pride and thankfulness for the community of Terres Rising. You all really make this game worth all the literal blood, sweat and tears.

Speaking of tears... I love when they come in character and when it's a random farmer guy I'm playing? Oooo...that was fun!

I really enjoy running mods where I get to work with other staffers in constructive, collaborative ways. I got to do that with both Chris and Tim this event and I loved both of those opportunities. Thanks, guys!

Matuk fight was a ton of fun for me. All of staff kicked ass on that fight and there are a lot of things that just fell right into place that I could point to, but it was just overall fantastic. At one point, I felt completely surrounded and started swinging at everyone around, Tony grabbed me and said, "it's cool, man. We're with you." and I realized it was all NPCs behind me.

Rubbing the skull of the skeleton next to me on the line and saying, "who dies tonight? who are we killing? You pick!" and having him point out someone random. I still don't even know who it was, but we went right after him...until he wandered away and we had no idea where he was.

In a mod:
Newer player: Cavern walls don't usually just move on their own.
Older player: Well...they used to.

Tim, after a slight schedule rejigger that effected the order of my costuming: Oh no! My brilliance! I completely ruined my brilliance!

So many things I can't post about late night conversations in the dark. I can't even make veiled references. But they were so much awesome and anyone involved knows what I'm talking about.
Director Eric
Site Admin

Postby Tim-Director » Fri May 12, 2017 12:44 pm

Director Eric wrote:
Tim, after a slight schedule rejigger that effected the order of my costuming: Oh no! My brilliance! I completely ruined my brilliance!

AGHH!!!

I'm STILL mad about that rejigger!

Elf --> Mystic IS THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE. Not the other way around!
Tim-Director

Postby Director Eric » Sat May 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Tim-Director wrote:
Director Eric wrote:

AGHH!!!

I'm STILL mad about that rejigger!

Elf --> Mystic IS THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE. Not the other way around!

That wasn't even the issue. There was a completely different character between the two.

Another quote I forgot about...

I overheard one of our first time NPCs in Monster Camp after a whole lot of Grunting say, "Man, I didn't give these guys enough credit...this is work!"
Director Eric
Site Admin

Postby Kosay Yasoak » Mon May 15, 2017 11:04 pm

I was the "new" player Eric. It was also a cool exchange for me!
Kosay Yasoak

Previous

Return to Out of Game